Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Milkshake Recipe


I’m not much on guilt.  However, when it comes to chocolate milkshakes I admit that I can go a bit overboard.  My love affair with chocolate milkshakes began as far back as my memory serves me.  In fact, I remember that as soon as I was old enough to work a blender on my own I was making chocolate milkshakes (anyone who knows me well will tell you that as far as I’m concerned, there’s only one way to make a proper milkshake: vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup; none of that chocolate ice cream business).  However, as I creep closer to 40 and my post baby body takes on different forms (thank you Willow Tree), combined with the realization that my every move is being watched and mimicked by my perfect child, I’m forming new love affairs.  Enter: the Vegan Chocolate Milkshake.  I knew it was a hit when Willow and I were chasing each other around the living room trying to drink the other’s up!

Ingredients
  • 1 frozen banana +1 ripe (very ripe) banana ( or 2 frozen bananas)
  • 1 Tbsp raw cacao
  • ½ -1 cup plain soy or rice milk
  • Agave nectar to taste

Directions
Blend until smooth and enjoy the chase!



No comments:

Post a Comment