Sunday, January 20, 2013

Natural Vegan Air Freshener Recipe


The following recipe is for a safe vegan gel air freshener using essential oils and culinary seaweed. I created this essential oil blend to remind me most of what of love about this Autumn season, but you can create any blend you like.

Ingredients
3/4 cup distilled water
-1/4 cup unflavored vodka
-2 tsp agar agar
-18 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
-16 drops Lime Peel essential oil
-10 drops Clary Sage essential oil
-6 drops Petitgrain essential oil
1.  Bring water to a boil (I first boiled my water and then measured it out so that I wouldn’t lose any in the evaporation process).  Stir in  agar agar and continue stirring until agar agar is completely dissolved.
​2.  Remove from heat and stir in vodka.   Add essential oils and stir to incorporate.
3.  Pour gel mixture into any decorative “re-purposed” container and place in refrigerator until set. 
4.  Display with pride in a room.




No comments:

Post a Comment